Ian F. Smith
Ian began his insurance career in 1990 with The Equitable Life Assurance Society in Orlando, Florida. After several years serving as an assistant manager recruiting and coaching new agents he transitioned to Sales Executive with the Florida Hospital HMO System. While there, Ian was responsible for assisting the team of sales representatives in launching and growing the new HMO membership. Immediate success with the HMO lent Ian an opportunity to transfer to Madison, Wisconsin in 1998.
Ian joined the team of insurance consultants at Virchow Krause in 1999 and was responsible for advising high net worth clients and business owners on their advanced estate and business succession planning needs. Over a 10 year period, Ian assisted in developing and building the Asset Protection Group in to a million dollar practice, focusing on advanced insurance planning in the areas of life settlements, executive retirement planning and business planning.
When Virchow Krause merged with Baker Tilly International in 2009, the Asset Protection Group was granted to Stafford Financial Consulting Group, LLC of which Ian is owner and partner. Ian will bring the same level of planning techniques and consulting services to new clients in the area of advanced planning concepts, such as executive benefits, business succession and continuation planning, secondary market life settlement appraisals, life insurance portfolio maintenance and client relationship management. As the firm matures, Ian will also provide consulting services in employee welfare benefits, ancillary line benefits, and qualified Long Term Care services.
- District manager with new agency office of AXA, Orlando FL
- Sales Executive Florida Hospital HMO
- Consultant Virchow Krause Employee Benefits, LLC
- Lead Consultant of Asset Protection Group at Virchow Krause Wealth Management, LLC (10 years)
- Owner and Partner Stafford Financial Consulting Group, LLC
- Advanced insurance planning for high net worth individuals and business owners
- Employee benefit consulting
- Carrier and vendor negotiations
- Employee benefit relationship manager
- Industry specialist
- After market insurance appraisal process
- Insurance portfolio maintenance